|Object of research
1. 42 patients in an age range 65-84 having AD were sent for diagnostics and
healing. As the control group 22 patients in the age range 22-52 having
Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF) and complicated with amyloidose.
Aim of research
-the aim of research is to find out the effect of laser therapy and combined
laser-magnetic therapy on the patients having AD. Except general examination of
blood and urine, before and after the treatment the activity of cholinesterase,
concentration of acetylcholine in the blood was measured. Before and after the
treatment patients underwent electroencephalography and brain doplerography.
The dynamics has been assessed by our specially designed computer testing
program, which assesses memory, logic and other psycho-intellectual
Patients having AD were divided into 2 groups: in the first group they received
only poly-laser therapy (25 patients), in the second group patients received
combined laser-magnetic therapy with constant magnetic field (17 patients).
Patients with FMF besides laser and laser-magnetic treatment have received also
plant medicine, and they, besides noted characteristics underwent functional
examination of kidneys. To create optimal conditions for laser therapy the pH
of patients has approached to acidic which especially enhances antioxidant
effect of laser therapy.
Results and discussion
First group. In this group patients received pure polylaser therapy. In 23
among 25 patients of this group positive dynamics has been detected after
14-15th procedure of the first course or after 3-7 days of the first procedure.
The general condition, memory were significantly improved, optimism has been
augmented and other functions of brain were improved. The activity of
cholinesterase in the blood was significantly decreased compared with initial
levels, and simultaneously the concentration of acetylcholine and cholinergic
index were enhanced. Besides that, the lipid spectrum of patients was improved,
characteristics if blood and urine were regulated (with those having
abnormalities), one could see positive EEG dynamics. For strengthening of this
effect, after 15 procedures we gave a break for 1 month and then the course was
Second group. In this group together with poly laser therapy patients received
treatment with constant magnetic field (5-50mT). Unlike the first group, the
positive dynamics here has been detected after 6-7 procedures and above
mentioned clinical improvements were better expressed (especially the memory of
patients). Besides that, all above mentioned laboratory characteristics have
shown positive shift.
Third group (control). In this group patients have FMF complicated with
amyloidose (type A-A). These patents received only poly laser therapy and plant
medicine, because by this disease are affected Armenians, Jews and Arabs, and
Armenia in this respect is an endemic source. FMF is complicated mainly by
kidney type of system amyloidose. In these patients in the I-II stage (18
patients) in the case of amyloidose by treating by our method a complete
regression of amyloidose, proteinur and functional improvement of kidney was
detected. For patients in IIb-III stage (4 patients) no significant improvement
has been detected except some stabilization of laboratory characteristics.
(I have various works on FMF and amyloidose, which will be considered in other
projects). As FMF is complicated by amyloidose and collagen diseases, the
solution of its problem may be a key for the finned of the problem of the above
Research and results of treatment that we carried out and their role in the
pathogenic chain of AD we will present in the following scheme:
The curing role of poly laser therapy in the case of Ad is conditioned by the
following positive sanogenetic mechanisms:
1. Enhancement of the activity of most important antioxidant defense ferments
(catalase, ceruloplasmine, superoxide-dismutase). The molecules of these
ferments contain metal and are good photoaceptors. Cattalos and
superoxide-dismutase deactivate quite successfully -hyperactive oxygen ion.
2. To enhance the antioxidant effect of laser therapy it is necessary to make
the pH of the organism lower.
3. Laser therapy leads to enhancement of energetic saturation of bioplasm of
neurons and nervous ganglions.etc.
4. Laser therapy leads to suppression of the ferment acelylcholinesterase, as
well as enhancement of the content of acetylcholine in the organism (this is
very important in pathogenesis of AD).
5. Laser therapy generates anti-inflammation effect by affecting cyclooxygenase
II which is also very important in pathogenesis of AD.\
6. Laser therapy regulates the metabolism of serotonine and nor-adrenaline
metabolism by affecting monoaminoxidase AB ferment.
7. Laser therapy enhancing intracellular Ca2+ generates priming, during
which NO system is activated, and this leads to Endothelium derived reflexing
factor (EDRF) and vasodilatation. The latter leads, of course, to improvement
of micro-circulation in the whole organism as well as in the brain.
8. Laser therapy improves the transport function of O2 and facilitates
dissociation of oxyhemoglobine. This is also important for the metabolism of
9. Immunomodulating effect of laser therapy may have positive effect on the
process of amyloidose.
10. A modulation of glutamergic system results under the effect of laser
11. Laser therapy enhances the activity of cytochromoxidases.
12. The combined application of laser
therapy and magnetic therapy is more effective during AD.
13. From the evolutionary viewpoint magnetic field and light are more biotropic
collectors of the organism.
14. These potentate and complement each other.
15. The influence of laser therapy enhances under the effect of weak magnetic
16. The stability of bio-membranes is stongly increased under the influence of
combined effect of laser therapy and magnetic therapy.
17. Magnetic field has an influence on some natural ferromagnetic of the
organism (especially on adrenal gland).
18. Magnetic field has an effect on the activity of catalase (this also contains
19. Magnetic field decreases the activity of cholinesterase and increases
20. Magnetic field leads to improvement of functional state of nervous system
augmentation of the number of astrocytes.
21. Both laser therapy and magnetic therapy cause structural changes on the
water of the organism (clasterisation) as well as hydration changes of tissues.
The latter is a very perspective mechanism for finding causes of different
diseases including pathologic chain of malignant cancer. We have found out in
our works that water can be not only as an acceptor but also as a secondary
messenger by preserving and transmitting information of any electromagnetic
pulse. From the viewpoint of amyloidogenesis we gave well investigated the A-A
amyloidose form which is widespread here and we have certain success here. As
to the B-amyloidose, which is the case in AD, it would be a perspective
approach to apply the curing practice of A-A form here too. From the viewpoint
of prevention of amyloidogenesis we think that perspective is the investigation
of the effect of different sorts and frequencies of laser and magnetic therapy
on the secretase and glutamate-receptor systems, because the detection of their
specific ingibitors may prevent formation of amyloid from pre-amyloid and
generally the problem of amyloidose. We have not investigated also the combined
influence of medicines preventing A-A amyloidose (plant medicines) and laser
therapy on B-amyloidose of AD.